Pages

Monday, November 16, 2009

Round Dos

In 4 days, I will be heading back to the place where I left my heart about 8 months ago. La Limonada has been on my heart and mind every single day since I left in February, and I have been craving to go back. This past summer when the opportunity to teach the kids at an arts camp arose, it quickly became apparent that God was clearing the path for me to go. Guatemalan kids.... sunshine... dance... the beach... Really, how can I say no to that?!

I'm a bit more nervous this time around. Last time, I was a little anxious about the actual traveling aspect, never having flown internationally and being by myself. This time, I'm nervous about teaching. This may sound ridiculous, considering the fact that I've been teaching for 10 years and it should be something that comes so naturally to me now. But, I have been on a sabbatical for the past 18 months, only teaching intermittently. Plus, this time I will be teaching with a language and a cultural barrier. Its just a tad intimidating. I'm excited, don't get me wrong. Very excited. But, I woke up this morning with my stomach somewhere around the region on my vocal cords, feeling way more anxious than I'd like to admit. I'm doubting myself and my ability to pull this off. Pretty severely, in fact.

Perhaps its just a spiritual test. We all know how much Satan likes to batter us down, make us feel like we aren't worthy or good enough. But normally when he does that, its because he's scared. He's scared because he knows the power that we hold when we are moving in our God-given talents and using them to affect other people's lives. If I were him, I'd be scared too. When we are moving in the things of God, we become warriors. Warriors with Uzis coming against an enemy with a water pistol. Satan is really rather pathetic when we look at him in his true light.

I covet your prayers over the next week and a half. I ask for prayer for the kids, for the teachers, and for the time that we'll get to spend ministering to them inside, and outside, the classroom. I know that its going to be an incredible week. Sadly, I may not be able to keep you posted to the same extent as last time, due to a possible lack of internet connection. But, have no fear... You will hear stories when I return.

4 comments:

Lauralei said...

I'm so very excited for you, Beth. This is such an amazing opportunity, and God clearly had this all planned out for you. I was going to make the "Satan must be scared" comment, but you already know that ;-) Will you tell me the dates you'll be gone? I'll pray for you while you're there!

*1 Timothy 1:7

Granddad said...

Greater is He who is in my baby, than he who is in the world!!!!

Anonymous said...

God has such AMAZING things in store and you are a BIG part of that.

Oh.
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Greggy said...

You really believe that this is where you belong and that God cleared this path for you, and yet you're saying you doubt YOUR self and YOUR ability... it seems silly really. :P

It's fine that you doubt yourself. He'll pull you through. I have no doubt in HIM or HIS ability. :)

of course, I understand being nervous. I would be too... but honestly, He cleared this path for you because you will BE SUCCESSFUL if you continue to follow Him and devote it all to Him.

Oh, and I don't doubt that you will. :) So try to find assurance in Him. I will certainly pray for you on the days I remember. It probably won't be every day, but I'm working on it!

I wish you the very best. Satan has a lot to be scared of with you and God out there in La Limonada. ;)