Pages

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Where, oh where, has my motivation gone?

I really hate to admit it, but I think its time: I have an ever so slightly addictive personality. I mean, not addictive in things like substance abuse. I don't drink beer everyday or sneak cigarettes. No, this addiction is much less harmful on the physical side, but does perhaps have repercussions on other ends of my life. Such as, the productive side.

I've mentioned in the past my obsessive nature when it comes to fiction novels, which is why I tend to avoid them. It becomes an addiction. I should also avoid things like, oh, say the TV show "24" because I suddenly find myself watching multiple episodes every single freaking night instead of doing something productive. Like, cleaning. Or writing. Or making art with those records I purchased for that very reason. Or finally put together the mixed media piece that I bought canvases for 8 months ago. But, instead, here I sit. On episode number three for the evening. I did manage to work out a bit and do the dishes. When I left work, I had full intentions of starting to sift through all my junk in the basement in preparation for my upcoming move. Instead, I did nothing. Granted, I do have a pulled back so I can't be lifting or bending too much at the present moment. But still! Geez!

I seem to have lost my motivation for most things productive as of late. I can blame it on all sorts of things, but really, I am the culprit. Maybe I'm using all of my creative energy up at work. I think I really just need to get my patoot in gear.

0 comments: